David Heerschap - AHS Physics and Algebra I

Animas High School . Twin Buttes. Durango, CO 81301 dave.heerschap@animashighschool.com (email is the best way to contact me - don't forget the dot in the address!) Please see the links below for specific course information. Take note that I do my best to update power teacher with grade information by the end of the week but should you have any specific questions feel free to email me at any time.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Physics

Momentum lesson in class today!  If you were not here catch up on notes tomorrow.  There were 5 homework problems that you started in class - here they are:

Calculate the Momentum (p) for the following:  Convert all mass to kg and velocities to m/s!

A)  A 378 ton Delta jet moving West at 670mi/1hr

B)  Easton V (120lbs)  running at 4.5m/s

C)  A flying cat (2.3kg) moving at 204mi/hr

D) The Pacific Oceanic Plate (478,000,000 tons) moving at 6cm/yr


E)  A drop of blood (0.8g) falling out of a vampire’s mouth at 14m/s

TOMORROW WE ALL TAKE NWEA SCIENCE TESTS but I will check the HW - FORGOT TO MENTION THAT IN CLASS TODAY!